09 July 2007

Destination Unwanted

I never remember being on a road trip where I didn't want to get to my destination. Even if it was somewhere I didn't want to go; I still welcomed arriving rather than traveling. Here I sit in my apartment in Palatine wishing I was still on the road, wishing this destination was still a day or a week away.

I hope I dislike this destination more because right now it's standing between better destinations and better plans in the future. I hope I dislike this destination because its boring and I don't know many people.

I hope that it's not distance between my friends and family that upset me, because then I might be in a world of trouble.

I had a great time up north. It was great to get to the beach, I had been dreaming of it. I drank enough, slept enough and relaxed more than enough. Vacations are never long enough. That's why I can't wait for the fall.

I love talking to people about studying abroad. It's often the same conversation, but often you find that people are in agreement with you. I like having support on things.

I wish I saw/talked to/knew more girls out here. It sucks talking to girls back at home and having a good time knowing I have to return to Palatine where I won't see them. It's also tough to spit game at girls knowing I won't even be around in the fall. But I continue to follow Mr. Murphy's advice as I "plant those seeds." Hopefully I'll have some soccer mama's waiting for me when I get back to the states.

Right now I'm counting the days til I get back to Ann Arbor/Rochester and counting the days
til I leave for New York and Fukuoka. I wonder if a year from now I'll be counting down the days til I return to the States. I hope that I'm dreading it; because otherwise, all this time I've spent anticipating would be wasted.

Days until I'm home: 35 (five weeks)
Days until Japan: 80

No comments: